Ask us about our Maintenance Plans!
Crack Sealing / Sealing
Whether you’re a homeowner, business owner, or property manager… I’m sure we can all agree that the first thing a friend or client judges is our place of stay. It begins the moment they see the building. Needless to say, seeing a parking lot or driveway with broken and unstable flooring is not a good first impression. Hiring professional asphalt Crack Sealing services improves the longevity of concrete and asphalt structures, while maintaining their aesthetic appeal.
When cracks start developing networks on your parking lot or a residential driveway, they make the paved surfaces look deplorable. However, you can stop the blemishes from taking a toll on your pavement’s integrity and strength by hiring our crack sealing solutions. We are on a constant search for innovative crack sealing methods and techniques that will guarantee to double your asphalt surface’s lifespan. Our trained, skilled, and certified professionals use advanced, well maintained equipment and sealants to satisfy pavement maintenance needs.
What is Crack Sealer?
As a preventive maintenance strategy, crack sealing is a cost-effective surface treatment solution that can restore the useful life and appearance of your parking area, sidewalks, or driveways. The process involves applying a hot or cold sealer that prevents the penetration of water into the sub-base of the pavement. By addressing small cracks, you save money in the long-term. On the contrary if you had ignored the cracks until it got out of hand, you’d be forced to resort to asphalt replacement, which costs 10x more than crack sealing.
Types of Asphalt Cracks
While cracking on pavement structures may look similar, there are many different types of cracking that can occur and might help give us more information on the sub-base circumstances. Advance Asphalt, Inc. contractors have performed a myriad of crack sealing works here in the Bay and Northern California area. Which means they can identify a crack by name and develop the most effective surface treatment procedure. Examples of different types of cracks are:
- Alligator cracking – Also known as fatigue cracks, this type of cracking is caused by too much distress and resembles a gator’s skin.
- Slippage cracks – These are crescent-shaped cracks caused by the presence of moisture between the sub-base and blacktop. The water reduces adhesion between the two layers, making it crack.
- Block cracking – Indicated by squared shapes, block cracking appears as a result of the application of too dry asphalt mixture. Fluctuations in temperature cause expansion and contraction of the asphalt cement, leading to breakage.
- Edge cracking – Ever noticed cracks running along the edges or curbs of paved surfaces? They are called edge cracks, and are caused by lack of lateral support, settlement of the aggregate base, and dried soil.
- Longitude cracks – Longitudinal cracking runs parallel to the centerline. They signal that the pavement’s center joint was poorly done during the initial installation.
Our Crack Sealing Techniques
Most business owners and property holders in the Bay and Northern California Area think that crack sealing is a single, standard procedure. Instead, there are two techniques depending on the severity of the cracks. Here are the differences:
Crack Sealing – Hot rubberized crack seal for crack or sealing ¼” up to ¾” width
Cold Pour Crack Filling — This material is made for cracks exceeding width of ¾” to 2” cracks.
Slide to see before & after.