When you need to restore and protect your asphalt pavement, there are several options for resurfacing that can bring new life to your parking lot, roadway, or driveway, including asphalt sealcoating and slurry sealing. While both of these paving services extend the life of your pavement and restore its beauty and flexibility, they are different and offer different pros and cons for your pavement.
Slurry Seal vs Sealcoating
Property owners need to understand the difference between a slurry seal and a sealcoat to make an informed decision for their pavement restoration.
- Consists of thin liquid asphalt emulsion, minerals, aggregates, and additives.
- Provides protection against UV rays, oxidation, and water penetration.
- Smooth finish, evens rough surface textures.
- Recommended for parking lots, driveways, and other lower traffic areas.
- Lasts up to 5 years.
- Cures typically between 2 and 4 hours, depending on application time.
- Applied using squeegee or sprayer.
- Cost effective asphalt protection.
- Consists of: thick cold-mix asphalt binders, aggregates, water, additives.
- Provides a thicker layer of protection against physical wear in addition to sunlight and water.
- Rough texture must like hot-pour asphalt.
- Recommended for high traffic areas like drive-through lanes or loading zones.
- Lasts up to 10 years.
- Cures generally between 8 to 10 hours depending on mix and thickness.
- Applied with specialized mixing and application equipment.
- Cost effective asphalt resurfacing.
Why Get a Slurry Seal on Your Parking Lot?
If your parking lot asphalt surface has started to break down, it’s time for a slurry seal. While sealcoating is great for asphalt surfaces with very minimal damage, a slurry seal is an option for pavement that has a little more raveling or wear because it is a thicker application. With a slurry seal, you’re getting a brand new asphalt surface that, like a sealcoating, protects against sun and water damage as well as restoring your pavement surface.
Get a Slurry Seal from Your Area’s Trusted Paving Company
Advance Asphalt Inc is the most reputable and trusted asphalt paving company in Northern California, and we can restore your pavement surface with the right service for your needs, whether that’s a slurry seal or a sealcoating. We have the specialized equipment needed to properly mix and apply slurry sealers as well as the relationships with pavement material suppliers to source the highest quality sealants for your pavement.
To restore your asphalt parking lot or roadway, contact Advance Asphalt Inc for a consultation about resurfacing services like a slurry seal!